At Wollongong Legal we understand that family law matters are a difficult area for all parties involved and we aim to deal with your concerns in an efficient and tactful manner. Whether you are involved in a de facto relationship, are getting married, or going through a marriage breakdown, we will strive to achieve a speedy and satisfactory resolution for you. Here are some of the questions you may need to ask – and we can help provide the answers.a
- How will marriage affect my assets?
- When is my relationship considered to be a de facto relationship?
Separating or Getting a Divorce
- Is your relationship considered to be a de facto relationship under law? What are the consequences of separating from a de facto relationship? Are you still eligible for spousal maintenance or have rights to certain assets? Are you still living together but consider yourselves separated?
- How do you apply for a divorce? How long does it take? How much will it all cost?
- Do you want to avoid the court system and let us assist you in negotiating an agreement with your ex-partner?
Child Custody and Child Support
- Ensuring the well-being of your children is paramount to parents. What entitlements should you seek for child support? What are your obligations for child support? How are the costs of maintaining children calculated?
- If you can’t agree with your partner on custody arrangements, what is the process for coming to an agreement? What factors are relevant in determining the best arrangement for you children?
- What is required in complying with Parenting Orders? Do you want to change an Order?
- Do you believe you need to protect your child from violence or other abuse?
Finances – Assets, Property, Superannuation Splitting and Spousal Maintenance
- What about joint bank accounts? What happens to the family home?
- How do you reach an agreement on the division of assets and property? Are you entitled to spousal maintenance?
- What is required in complying with Financial Orders
Book an initial appointment with us on (02) 4225 8611 so that we can identify what are your concerns and provide you with guidance on the best way to move forward.